Saturday, December 26, 2009

The past four months have been really busy and they actually haven't been that busy but I can't think of any other excuse to say except that I'm reall

Hi yall! It's so good to be back :). I didn't really go anywhere, just didn't visit the blog world for a time I guess. I missed it much though! It's sort of like coming home to my other home. My more virtual, more binary home. Still home. Let's get down to business. One of my favorite blog topics is my adventures around the world, most of which happen right here in the great state of U-T-A-H. First off, M-O-A-B, the hiking/off-roading/slick-rock biking (slicking) hippie capital of the world. Game on.


BFF Burtie and I set off on a sunny Friday afternoon for a weekend retreat of hiking under the blazing southwest sun,


cooler eating and sleeping under the multitudinous stars.


Soundtrack: strictly Amos Lee, with a dash of Bob Marley. With such a fail-safe plan as this, we expected nothing but red rock perfection. The Ab did not disappoint.


We saw Skull Arch
Walkthrough Arch Meditative State Valley
BFF Arch


And my personal favorite: Ranger Patrick.

Let me tell you a story about Ranger Patrick. After barraging him with a myriad of questions that sounded something like this, "Ranger Patrick, is Ranger really your first name?" and "Ranger Patrick, what do you do when you're not ranging?" I found out a thing or two about him. Turns out he has been a park ranger for ten years and he travels around the country's national parks learning every detail there is to know and then educating us amateurs. He was a wealth of information, an individual to be admired, respected,



feared. Also turns out his first name isn't Ranger. He calls it merely a "job title." I call it what his parents actually should have named him.


All in all, a pret-ty good time. Can't wait to return to beautiful Moab Utah! Thanks to Burt for great companionship, hike planning, and adult supervision. Mwah :)

Domo arigato! in Japanese hahaha ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment