Saturday, August 22, 2009


Ahh time to update myself (I am sure that by now I am the only witness to this blog) on our trip to SAN FRANCISCO 2009!! Primary goal of the trip was to visit my bro-Shniki, sis-in-law-Dani, and favorite: new addition to the family/member of the family/precious baby-Caleb (so much cuteness). Secondary goals were to meet lots of happy couples (I had heard they are present in abundance in the city), navigate the most devious and dishonest street in the world, and become a great American by conquering the terrifying roller coasters at the nation's greatest theme park.
Check, check, and check. And check.

Trying to figure out why couples in the City were so joyful: perplexing.

Attempting to understand how Lombard Street is in any way dishonest: confusing.

Wondering how riding roller coasters made me a great American: disconcerting (no wonder some of our country's leaders are at a loss as to making decisions beyond the scope of amusement parks)
Meeting all of my goals: priceless.





To elaborate further, we found Shnik, Dani and precious baby Caleb to be doing very well in thriving Silicon Valley. I felt nervous when I heard they were moving to a placed nicknamed after plastic surgery appurtenances, but, luckily, none has been affected by the growing trend and they remain implant-free. They live in a beautiful area of Mountain View, California, are happily married, and are excellent parents to a fine baby boy. Can life get any better? Probablement pas. They deserve every joy and happiness that they have been blessed with. Kisses to them :).



Next, true to form, San Francisco was imbued with delightfully happy couples such as this. San Francisconian couples are, in fact, so full of joy that they wreathe the entrances of their tunnels with a rainbow halo:



I noted the peculiarity of this abundance of happy couples and speculated as to the cause, only to give up soon thereafter, kvetched. Maybe they just drink a lot of wine at their Golden Gate Bridge-view picnics? Hopefully not right before meandering down to Lombard Street, however...


Approaching my next goal, I felt a little apprehensive about the kind of experience a devious street would present. Drugs? Undesired solicitations? Jaywalking? To my relief, the street was surprisingly benign, even clean and beautiful. It took us quite some time to maneuver as it was very windy, but no signs of dishonesty exhibited. Puzzling...


Finally, my citizenship was upgraded when I became a great American, or was "Hannitized," as conservative bloggers would say, after besting every roller coaster at Great America--a sense of accomplishment to be sure. A nebulous sense (I still lack the foresight to see the connection between patriotism and amusement parks), but a sense all the same. Who needs all the answers anyway? I'll take my upgrade no questions asked thanks.


Yep, overall the trip was a great success. I saw my dear family, encountered gay couples, navigated the crookedest street in the world, and visited Great America amusement park. Though many unanswered questions remain, I did eventually find the source of the joy that radiated from the happy couples:


Nuff said. ;)



P.S. Shnik and I found evidence of the beginnings of gang warfare among "The Burghers of Calais" in the Rodin Sculpture Garden at Stanford. Apparently the burghers are the predecessors of modern day Bloods and Crips, as well as some lesser Chicano gangs


1 comment:

  1. I was a little worried too when the Microsoft recruiter invited me to interview at the "Silicone Valley" campus. Someone's been reading too many beauty magazines at work.

    ReplyDelete