Sunday, December 27, 2009

Bostonian

Next item of business: BOSTON trip to visit BFF Michie!! Much much fun :). I had never been to Boston so everything was new and exciting. Due to the colossal amount of pictures I took I decided to make this post a "photo diary" if you will with simple yet informative explanative captions for your viewing and reading pleasure. Enjoy :)

Me in front of the prodigious Boston Library. I'm not sure if I believe it is actually a library because I didn't see a single book the entire time I was there...



Me and Michie in the library's menagerie (this city must be loaded if they can afford to throw away 45 tons of tea and put a menagerie in the library ;))



THE building where beautiful Michie works... Little girl in the big city! So much proud :)


We walked through the Boston Commons=a magical garden in the middle of dowtown, late one night. I felt like Alice in Wonderland because it was filled with whimiscal plants and tiny mythical creatures so elusive that I could never get one on camera. I pointed one out to a passerby, who looked at me and after denying seeing the creature said, "buzzed garden-walking is drunk garden-walking." Whatever that means. Weirdo. Here is a picture of one of the crazy plants

The Commons also contained large, creepily-lit statues. This one should have been Paul Revere but for some reason was not. It monumentalized some character, whose name I did not recognize and can not now remember, we'll call Paul Revere.


Ahh this was indeed a highlight of the trip. The Jamaican Street Dance team. They kept singing a song that went like this:

"nuff people say they know they cant believe, jamaica we have a street dance team"

and then they rapped off their names like Derice, Junior, and... maybe.. Sanka? I don't know it was hard to understand them because they were speaking Jamaican. They kept talking about wanting to be in the Olympics, poor li'l guys, I didn't have the heart to tell them Jamaicans will never be Olympic street dancers. Maybe they should try something a little more applicable to their geographic region, like, say, bobsledding?


This part of the routine was called "Sacrificial Child Dance." The kid's father seemed very enthusiastic about him being a part of this segment. The increasing number of Pageant Dads in this country is cause for alarm...


And now a staple for every successful girl trip--TRYING ON TRENDY HATS AND TAKING MIRROR PICTURES WHILE YOU ARE WEARING SAID HATS YAY!!


And now the freedom walk along the famous Freedom Trail!!/lunch at one of the 6,734 Italian restaurants along the way!


And now Dance Party Nation time at one of the 6,734 clubs along the Dance Party Nation Trail downtown!! Seriously such a good time.. Dorothy! Ha!


And now Singles Ward Church at Trinity Church at Harvard Campus time! The only known LDS ward building in the world once used to hold infamous, yet effective, witch trials.

One of my favorite parts out of the favortie parts of the trip was visiting the Museum of Fine Arts! And one of my favorite tombs out of the favorite tombs was this, believed to house the entangled bodies of lovers Radames and Aida. Legend has it that after the museum closes each night, music by Elton John and Tim Rice can be heard coming from the tomb.

Finally, one of the most mind-boggling exhibits was this contemporary piece. It creates an optical illusion that appears to cut you off mid-thigh, replacing your head and torso with an eternity of blown glass vases. Amazing! M.C. Escher how do you do it...

I leave you with a brain teaser of my own. A "Find the Precious Jule" of sorts. Happy solving!

haha Loves! ;)

4 comments:

  1. Sweet Julie! Love it...and oh I found you! haha. I am glad you enjoyed yourself! How long did you stay there. HOpe you had a good Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jue!!! I am so jealous. That looked like a super fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! you're blogging! i like that your profile pic is an olsen twin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah i really wanted the blog to be a true reflection of my self, independent of and unaffected by anything not purely me and it just would not be complete without an ash bash profile pic

    ReplyDelete